Tuesday 3 January 2012

Bucket Hat and Skort

I recently received the Oliver and S book, 'Little Things to Sew', and the first project from it I tried was the Bucket Hat pattern. 

My niece had her 2nd birthday coming up, so she was the recipient of the first one.


The hat brim IS even - just doesn't look like it with the jaunty angle teddy wears it!



As we do not live near by, here it is modelled by one of the teddies. The hat is reversible, so can be worn either way.

Along with this I also made a skort using a Scientific Seamstress pattern. I used the same lime green gingham poplin as for the hat.





This pattern is a downloadable PDF, with extremely clear instructions and diagrams, and individual pattern pieces for each size. The only alteration I made was to insert adjustable elastic into the waistband, as my niece is quite small.

I would definitely recommend these patterns and have a couple more I intend to make soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment