Thursday 12 January 2012

Colette Crepe

I recently made a muslin of the Colette Patterns Crepe dress, to check it for fit and alterations needed, before moving on to some rather special fabric I had in mind for this pattern.

It is described on the Colette website as 'A sweet and easy wrap dress with no closures to sew. The dress wraps in back and has cap sleeves. The wide ties encircle the waist for a comfortable dress with a fitted look'. 


I used some fabric that I suspect was destined for bedsheets sometime in the 60's, as it looks very similar to some my Mum has lurking in the back of her linen closet.

This dress was very easy to sew, rated as a beginner pattern by the designer, and had extremely well written instructions complete with diagrams. As with all Colette patterns, the instructions are in a wee bound booklet with a pocket in the back that the pattern tissue slips into.


In all, I am very happy with how my muslin came out. My only minor adjustments I would make for next time, are to cut the neckline a size smaller, as I feel it sits just a little too wide on me, and to raise the waist seam by about 1" .


No comments:

Post a Comment