When I came across the Wiksten Tova shirt pattern a while ago, I was smitten. It looked to be a comfy lightweight shirt with possibilities.
I duly ordered the pattern, and stuck it together, and then got a bit stuck on how I might do an FBA on it. With the large yoked front, which finishes at the bust line it was proving a bit of a puzzle on how to add extra space without ruining the features of it I liked so much.
Off to Pattern Review for some advice, and I struck it lucky. The designer, Jenny, popped in and told me exactly how to do it, or at least how she had designed it to be done. Excellent!
I duly adjusted and made up the pattern in some cotton I had kicking around.
Overall, the fit was good, but the back seemed a little loose, so I added in a couple of fisheye darts at the back waist and it was much better.
Now I will say right now, the fabric was a little too crisp for this style, so suspect that with a more appropriate fabric the back darts would not be needed.
The instructions were overall pretty good, and made for a nice shirt at the end. I am really pleased with how the yoke came out.
Unfortunately, I managed to pick a fabric that is completely impossible to photograph. The details all get lost in the fabric pattern.
NOTE TO SELF: Pick a fabric with more drape and less pattern!