After taking my shirt to my last Meet-up group meeting, and getting some advice from my lovely friends, I made the suggested changes and sewed it up again. After a minor brain fart with the sleeves, I re-cut and sewed them.
The fit is now pretty good.
|this hem is straight - just would have looked better with an iron!|
The changes made;
- an FBA as detailed in my previous post.
- added 2cm right across the front, back and sleeves at high bust height.
- cut the front yoke on the bias for interest.
- added snap closures to the front band.
- after setting in the sleeves with the 2cm added, realised that the angle of the sleeve meant the shirt was mostly unwearable (think straight jacket chic). I ripped them out again, re-jigged the sleeve.
This involved tipping the 2cm gap I had made into nothing at the centre of the sleeve, and then adding the length I has lost at the top of the sleeve cap to the sleeve side seams.
Will add a pic of the altered pattern piece when I get to taking it.
A change I made last time that I have not incorporated, was to add a couple of fisheye darts to the back for some waist shaping. I may still do this yet.