Wednesday 14 November 2012

Red Riding Hood Cape

I recently dipped into my copy of Little Things to Sew again, for a great wee present for my niece's 3rd birthday. I chose to make the Red Riding Hood Cape as pictured on the front cover.


I found some fantastic red cotton corduroy for the main fabric, and some matching quilting cotton for the lining. I also chose a fun wee button to hold it closed.



As always, the sewing instructions are excellent and result in a really nice finish with all the seams completely enclosed. I completed the sewing for this at my monthly sewing group, and the ladies were suitably impressed.


This will be suitable as a lightweight topper in cooler weather, or as a dress-up costume component - will have to see what the whims of a 3 year old decide!

4 comments:

  1. Stunning! now all I have to do is convince you to make me one??? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I might need to think on that my crafty friend!

      Delete
  2. Such great colour combinations. I'd show my sister this for her girls but then she might want me to make one for them!
    Gillian D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spoke too soon - But after seeing your one, I'm looking forward to making it in red with green lining.

    ReplyDelete