Sunday 15 February 2015

Muse Patterns - Gillian Wrap Dress

Kat of the blog, Modern Vintage Cupcakes, has recently started her own pattern line in the midst of having her second child. One very busy lady!
Her line goes by the name of Muse Patterns , and produces modern, wearable patterns with a bit of a vintage twist.

Her second pattern, the Gillian Wrap dress, can also be made as a skirt or top. I have to say I was smitten from the get-go, and purchased this as soon as it was released.

I chose a slinky poly knit, in an alternate colourway to the one I used for the dress I made for my Mum, shown here. I love it!

After making a previous Muse pattern using my full bust measurement, which was much too big in the shoulders, I sized down one size in the shoulders. The rest of the pattern was cut to the size that matched my measurements.
I did end up going back and shortening the bodice by about 1", as the waistband sat just a bit too low, and was causing a little bit of gaping.



After my minor alteration, this has good wrap coverage both in the bodice and skirt, and I really like the skirt length on me - this is the longer of the two options provided.

I have fabric picked out to make another one, as well as a top version.


5 comments:

  1. What a fab dress, looks great on you. I love that pattern and worn my dress endlessly during spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this on you! :-) Great colour. :-)

    Can I add it to the 'Made By You' page on the Muse website?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous on you! I love the colour and the dress is great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really beautiful version, well done! It suits you well :)

    ReplyDelete