Tuesday 14 July 2015

Hot Patterns Fast and Fabulous Pull-on Palazzo Pants

I've been lamenting my lack of trousers for a while now.

I have a pants block, but am still not entirely sure how to use it to make pants. Ridiculous, eh?
While I was chastising myself for this, Hot Patterns very helpfully came out with a new trouser pattern, that looked like the fit I was trying to achieve.



It was downloaded and printed, toot sweet!

As it was billed as relaxed fit, I waffled on which size to go with, but ultimately went with the sizing that matched my measurements.
It is super quick to cut out and sew with only 2 main pieces in your main fabric, and the waistband in a knit. Pockets are optional - I belatedly decided to add the front ones to practice my pockets.

I initially made them up as per the pattern, and the only fit change I needed to make was to lower the front waist by 3". Fortunately, I suspected this might be the case, so had only basted the waistband on. A quick snip and re-attach the waistband and I have a very wearable pair of pants.




The fabric is a wool suiting I found at the op shop for $3 a metre. This I don't think is as drapey as the pattern suggestions, but it is comfy, and at this time of year - WARM!!

I am still deciding if I should narrow the leg a little, but I will definitely be making these again.


3 comments:

  1. Nice pants! It's nice to see these made up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are cool, I love my knit top pants, so comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Wendy - I really like these and yay to pants lol. I've a pair I need to get back to (they've been languishing for over a year would you believe). I need to do pockets, front fly and all that jazz so I'm procrastinating. Many I really need them ....Hope you're well.

    ReplyDelete