Saturday 6 February 2016

Sew House Seven - Alberta Street Pencil Skirt

I initially decided to give this pattern a try for Indie Pattern Month, but procrastinated as usual, so while it was finished, I didn't get to taking photos in time.



I love a good pencil skirt, and with the added benefit of pockets, trialing this pattern was a no brainer.

I went with the size that matched my measurements, and with the exception of my usual full butt adjustment, made this as designed.  I ended up turning a very narrow hem with bias tape, as I liked the final unhemmed length, which hits just below my knee.


I used a herringbone weave denim with no stretch in a faded grey colour.


Having worn this skirt at least once a week for the past few months, I can confirm it is very comfortable and has a nice fit that I like.



For when I make it again, I will narrow the waistband slightly, and also shorten the pockets a tad as they are a bit deep at the moment.
I may lengthen it in order to do a standard double fold hem, but actually really like the bias tape finish in this version.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, another pattern for the list! I haven't heard of this company before. I love the look of the deep pockets but can see why they wouldn't always be 100% practical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great - I love the binding

    ReplyDelete