Wednesday 11 January 2012

Keyka Lou Camera Case Wristlet

This is my first make of the Keyka Lou Camera Case Wristlet


It has one main pocket for your camera, plus a small pocket in the back for other useful bits. 

Instructions for the wristlet strap are included, which I think is a great feature. The strap is long enough to fit over your wrist (or use as a hanging loop), but the case is small enough that it can be easily carried in the hand. It has the added security of a velcro fastening too.


The pattern instructions include the use of batting to provide some protection to your camera. I did not include the batting this time as I was trying out the instructions, and I planned to give it to my niece as a small handbag.

 The fabric I used was a cotton for the main fabric, and a jade poly/cotton for the lining and straps. 
I used black thread throughout, thinking the contrast on the straps would be a nice touch, but on seeing it finished, I think next time using a matching thread would give a nicer finish.

This was another great Keyka Lou pattern. The instructions are well written and easy to follow with plenty of diagrams to help you along, and you finish with a nicely made wee bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment