Wednesday 9 October 2013

Hot Patterns Weekender Cabana T's

Pattern Description: Super-chic but oh-so-simple T-Shirts are designed for T-Shirt or sweater knits with a little stretch: perfect for mixing prints for a funky look! Relaxed-fit T-Shirts have a very slightly A-line shape, with a scooped neckline. Short-sleeved T-Shirt has center front & back seams; 3/4 sleeved T-Shirt has a bias-cut breast pocket. Both styles feature a bias-cut neckband, deep hems and optional cover-stitch trim.



Pattern Sizing: 6 -26

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes, I think they looked fairly similar exceptig I left off the pocket.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes, the instructions were good with some diagrams.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? It lends itself to lots of differet looks depending on the knit used.
It is a bit tricky getting the neckband on with the right tension. My first attempt was the most successful, because it was made from a slinky type knit that had plenty of stretch.
My second version was from a terry knit with not a lot of stretch, so the neckband piece was too short.
My third version was from a striped merino jersey. I lengthened the neckband piece slightly, but this ended up being too much and would have probably been fine with the original neckband length.

Fabric Used: A slinky knit, that I've finally got to the end of! 

A black merino terry knit
A striped merino jersey 


Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: My first version was a size 16, as per my measurements. This felt just a bit too big.
For my next two versions I sized down to a 14, which felt like a much better fit to me.

Would you sew it again?  Yes, I've made this three times already, and will definitely make it again.

Conclusion: A good basic tee for my wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment